Wednesday 11 January 2012

New Year - New Prospects. Mountivation Junior Academy.


So then, Matt Flynn riding for the Mountivation Junior Academy in the 2012 season. I started cycling in April of 2010 and started racing a couple of weeks after. I was hooked on it and haven't looked back since. I started riding for Salt Ayre Cog Set and remained there for the 2010 season. I raced my first national that year after only having been on a bike for 6 months. So looking through to the 2011 season with some huge lessons to learn and class experiences. Riding for the North West team on two occasions and winning the CDNW u16 League overall.


Now I find myself at the start of the 2012 season looking forward to an epic season with The Mountivation Development Academy. Really can't wait, the team looks pretty megga. With Phil Leigh as academy director, and Gary Sadler as team manager i think i have a huge year ahead of me! We will be using Onix bikes and kit from BioRacer. Cant wait to get it all now!


Deep into the winter training i am feeling good. Really looking forward to my first road race in the Clayton Velo Classic in late February. I am going to be put up against some of the fastest guys in the country! The junior season should suit me well as i like the climbs (never say i am good at them!).

Just done my first A-Level exam this morning so I am going out on the bike for a couple of hours... try to clear some of this stress! 

Hope i haven't bored you too much.

Ciao,


Matt.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for name-checking the Cog Set.

    When you're wearing that Rainbow Jersey we can look back at this blog and say 'We knew him when...'

    ReplyDelete